Dr. Doreen Granpeesheh is a world-renowned licensed psychologist and behavior analyst with expertise in the field of autism research and treatment. She has worked with a wide range of patients – from individuals with minimal delays to the most challenging individuals whose families had been told to give up hope. Dr. Granpeesheh has an unparalleled recovery rate, enabling individuals with autism to lead independent lives. With a doctorate in psychology from UCLA, Dr. Granpeesheh is licensed by multiple state medical boards and is a Board Certified Behavior Analyst-Doctoral. She is the 2011 recipient of the American Academy of Clinical Psychiatrists’ prestigious Winokur Award.
Dr. Granpeesheh founded the Center for Autism and Related Disorders (CARD) in 1990. Under her leadership, CARD has become the world’s largest and most experienced organization effectively treating individuals affected by autism spectrum disorder using the principles and procedures of applied behavior analysis (ABA). She is the author of numerous peer-reviewed journal articles and of the book Evidence-Based Treatment for Individuals with Autism: The CARD Model.
Dr. Granpeesheh is also the founder and president of Autism Care Today, a national nonprofit organization that provides grants for resources and treatments to individuals affected by autism and their families.
- NW Autism Foundation: Champion of Autism Award (2015)
- National Association of Professional Women (NAPW): Outstanding Excellence and Dedication to Her Profession and the Achievement of Women (2013-2014)
- Universal Love Foundation: Parent of Distinction Award (2011)
- American Academy of Clinical Psychiatrists Winokur Award (2011)
- Autism Society of America, Wendy F. Miller Professional of the Year Award (2007)
- Parenting Arizona, Raising the Bar Award (2007)
Current and Prior Science, Advisory, and Executive Board Positions
- Autism Society of America
- Autism Care and Treatment Today
- US Autism and Asperger Association
- 4-A Healing Foundation
- The Autism File Magazine
- Autism 360 / Medigenesis
- SEARCH Family Autism Resource Center
- Autism Human Rights and Discrimination Initiative