CARD Academy is a place where students can learn, play, and thrive.
Designed after the Center for Autism and Related Disorders’ (CARD) renowned therapy programs for individuals affected by autism spectrum disorder, CARD has developed an academic institution focused on teaching excellence.
CARD Academy is the product of 30 years of experience working with individuals and families affected by autism spectrum disorder. Our goal is to give individuals a top-quality education provided by the most experienced and trained teachers in the field in a safe, fun, and nurturing environment.
- To advance every student’s well-rounded development, from academic and social skills to cognition and self-help, through results-oriented teaching
- To support and educate families, so classroom teachings are enhanced and maintained at home
- To work with community agencies to advocate for individuals and families affected by autism spectrum disorder
- To provide the most effective educational environment by conducting and supporting rigorous scientific research of educational teaching methods and curriculum
This is accomplished through:
- Careful and continuous assessment;
- Individualized lesson plans tied to the assessment outcomes;
- Implementation of lesson plans by highly trained expert teachers;
- Diligent data tracking and reporting;
- Helping students fulfill their potential; and
- Open communication and collaboration with the student’s family.
Each student receives a personalized curriculum based on his/her performance on several assessments. Initial and ongoing assessments ensure that the academic program is focused on the student’s strengths and weaknesses. Once the assessments are completed, teachers and administrators work to create a dynamic Individualized Education Program (IEP).
The IEP provides a roadmap to success. Lessons include 1-to-1, 1-to-2, and small-group instruction. Teachers are highly trained in teaching techniques rooted in applied behavior analysis (ABA), a scientifically proven method for teaching skills to individuals with autism spectrum disorder. The programs are results-oriented to help individuals develop new skills and knowledge at a pace that is challenging but appropriate for the individual student.